How To Connect Vizio Soundbar To Samsung TV
Have you bought a Visual Soundbar and a Samsung TV and are wondering how to put them together? It is sometimes confusing, but if you take the proper steps, nothing is complicated.
If you have a Visual Soundbar and a Samsung TV, you can connect them via HDMI or an optical cable, and you can also control your Visual Soundbar with a Samsung TV remote.
HDMI and optical soundbar and TV are the two best and recommended ways to connect. Of the two, HDMI is better than optical. You can visit the Soundbar Guru for the latest speakers and soundbar information.
However, both are better than analog (also called red and white cables) because analog cannot pass high-resolution audio. You won’t have a good experience with red and white cables.
Today, we will talk about the only two ways to connect your Visual Soundbar and Samsung TV: HDMI and optical cable.
How to Connect Vizio Soundbar To Samsung TV via HDMI ARC
The best way is HDMI ARC which you can use to connect your soundbar to the TV.
When the Visual Soundbar is connected to a Samsung TV using HDMI ARC, it can be controlled with a single remote (Samsung TV remote). You can visit how to connect soundbar to computer.
Follow these steps to connect the Visual Soundbar and Samsung TV.
- Get an HDMI cable.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on your Visual Soundbar.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the HDMI port of your Samsung TV.
- Turn on both your Vizio Soundbar and Samsung TV.
- Press the “Input” button on your Video Soundbar and select HDMI.
- Also, convert the audio output on your Samsung TV to HDMI.
- Play something and check if the sound is playing through the sound bar.
Troubleshooting The HDMI Connection
If you do not hear the sound from your view sound bar after completing the above steps, you need to toggle another setting.
Go to TV settings and then sound settings. Scroll down to Sound Settings and go to Expert Settings. Within the expert settings, convert HDMI and digital audio output to PCM.
After changing this setting, you will hear a sound coming from your view sound bar. If not, verify the audio source and audio output on your Visual Soundbar and Samsung TV, respectively.
How to Connect Vizio Soundbar To Samsung TV Through Optical Cable
The optical cable is also called Toslink cable or fiber optic. This is the second best way to connect your Visual Soundbar to Samsung TV after HDMI.
The steps are almost like an HDMI connection.
Follow these steps to connect your Visual Soundbar to Samsung TV using an optical cable.
- Get the optical cable.
- It is mostly covered with a plastic cover. So, make sure to remove it.
- Connect one end of the cable to the “mi portal fone” on your Samsung TV. This port can be covered to protect it from dust. Therefore, make sure the cable is plugged in properly.
- Plug the other end of the optical cable into the same port on the soundbar.
- Turn on both your Visual Soundbar and Samsung TV.
- Press the “Input” button on your soundbar remote and select Optical as the input method.
- Go to “Menu” and then select “Audio” where you will see “TV speakers” and turn them off.
- With the same audio setting option, change “Digital Audio Out” to bitstream or Dolby Digital.
- Play something on your Samsung TV and see if the audio plays through your video sound bar.
Troubleshooting The Optical Cable Connection
If after all of the above steps you are unable to hear the sound from your video soundbar and the TV speaker is not working or not working when the settings are turned on, you need to toggle the same setting as That’s what we did in the HDMI connection.
Go to “Expert Settings” on your Samsung TV and convert “Digital Audio Output” and “HDMI” to PCM.
After changing these settings, the sound will definitely move from your view soundbar.
These are just two of the great ways you can connect your Visual Soundbar to your Samsung TV. Some other options like RCA cable and Bluetooth are also available. You can also use one of these methods if needed.